Finally -- a comprehensive, practical and user-friendly mindfulness resource written specifically for children and adolescents. Best-selling mindfulness author Debra Burdick has blended the latest research and best practices to create this straight-forward guide for improving self-awareness, self-regulation skills, mental health, and social connectedness in kids and teens.
This expertly crafted resource features a collection of more than 150 proven tools and techniques, presented in a simple, step-by-step skill building format. Perfect for mental health practitioners, teachers and all in the helping professions.
- Tools for explaining mindfulness and neurobiology in kids' language
- Activities, games, and meditations that build basic through advanced mindfulness skills
- Step-by-step instruction on teaching and practicing mindfulness, meditation and reflection
- Guidance on choosing age appropriate skills
- How to apply mindfulness skills to specific childhood mental health disorders
- Journal prompts to help integrate learning
- Goal-setting charts for tracking progress
- Downloadable worksheets, exercises and reflections
"This is an amazing, practical addition to the growing resources to help children and adolescents with a range of neurodevelopmental and emotional difficulties develop specific skills to manage stress, tolerate frustration, and gain more awareness of blocks to obtaining what they want in life."--Laurie C. Dietzel, PhD, co-author of Late, Lost, & Unprepared
"She takes you through all ages and stages of development with specific directions on how to use and implement her mindfulness techniques. This coupled with the explanation of neuroscience adds to the richness and beauty of this amazing book."--Susan P. Epstein, LCSW , author of 55 Creative Approaches for Challenging & Resistant Children & Adolescents
Debra Burdick, LCSWR, BCN, also known as The Brain Lady, is the author of the best-selling Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients. She is an international speaker, psychotherapist and neurotherapist who has been teaching mindfulness skills to her clients for more than 25 years.
296 pages. 2014
Together, we're better. And more fun.
- | You'll find a Special Needs Project popup bookstore at these events.
- | These are webinars.