While supplies last, you save $7.18 (40%)!
For ten years, Jules Shepard's gastrointestinal symptoms went misdiagnosed. Finally diagnosed, she experienced a rollercoaster of emotions and illness the year following, as she discovered what she could and could not eat through trial and error.
Now, in The First Year, Shepard explains everything you need to learn and do upon your or a family member's diagnosis.
- How celiac disease affects your entire body
- Eating gluten-free (and avoiding hidden glutens)
- Keeping your kitchen safe from cross-contamination
- Can I drink alcohol?
- Celiac and fertility
- Finding support groups
- Parenting a child with celiac disease
- Dining out, traveling, and entertaining
This unique guide prioritizes all the most important information on diet and lifestyle changes for you. Day-by-day, week-by-week, month-by-month, learn how to safely alter your diet, manage your symptoms, and adjust to living gluten-free. Complete with easy and delicious recipes for gluten-free baking, The First Year: Celiac Disease and Living Gluten-Free is a guide to a healthy life.
282 pages. 2008