A NEW approach to solving behavioral challenges,
In Beyond Behaviors, internationally known pediatric psychologist Dr. Mona Delahooke describes behaviors as the tip of the iceberg--important signals that we should address by seeking to understand a child's individual differences in the context of relational safety.
Featuring impactful worksheets and charts, this accessible book offers professionals, educators and parents tools and techniques to reduce behavioral challenges and promote psychological resilience and satisfying, secure relationships.
Neuroscience-based effective tools and strategies for children labeled with:
- Conduct Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Anxiety & Depression
- Autism & Developmental or Learning Differences
And children who experience or have experienced:
- Aggressive, confusing or unpredictable behaviors
- Tantrums and meltdowns
- Disconnection or shutdown
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Trauma and toxic stress
Mona M Delahooke, PhD,is a clinical and consulting psychologist specializing in supporting children and families. She has worked widely with multi- disciplinary teams in the areas of developmental, behavioral, learning, and emotional differences for over 30 years. Her previous book, Social and Emotional Development in Early Intervention: A Skills Guide for Working with Children describes a contemporary, neurodevelopmental approach useful for all childhood professionals.
310 pages. 2019
Together, we're better. And more fun.
- | You'll find a Special Needs Project popup bookstore at these events.
- | These are webinars.