Examples range in difficulty and severity to address the unique challenges and needs of those teaching, practicing or learning applied behavior analysis through ethics-focused coursework or those preparing for the BACBå¨ certification exam. In addition to case scenarios, the book provides detailed questions to facilitate discussion and critical thinking and offers suggestions relating to the navigation of ethically precarious situations. Those working within the field of applied behavior analysis will find this work to be a great resource.
- Offers case scenarios addressing codes within the Behavior Analyst Certification Board's (BACBå¨) Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts
- Presents detailed question prompts to facilitate discussion and critical thinking
- Offers suggestions on the navigation of ethical challenges
- Discusses how to assess risk and devise ethically-appropriate courses of action
- Provides the entirety of the BACBå¨ ethics code for quick access and reference
Dr. Darren Sush, PsyD, BCBA-D is an adjunct professor within the Behavioral Psychology program at Pepperdine University, and an associate professor within the Applied Behavior Analysis and Clinical Psychology programs at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, teaching doctoral and masters courses in ethics in applied behavior analysis and psychology. Dr. Sush is a licensed clinical psychologist and board certified behavior analyst-doctoral, and has developed and participated in ABA-based services for children diagnosed with autism for over 15 years.
Adel Najdowski, PhD, BCBA-D is associate professor and program director of MS in Behavioral Psychology at Pepperdine University. Dr. Najdowski has provided ABA-based services to children with autism for 20 years. In 2014, Dr. Najdowski co-authored Evidence-Based Treatment for Children with Autism: The CARD Model. She has over 40 publications in peer-reviewed journals, book chapters in scientific texts, and articles in popular media.
200 pages. 2019